This bath design combined the space from two small bathrooms and two closets into one master bath suite with beautiful views into the surrounding wooded landscape. Now approximately 250 sq. ft., the suite includes a double vanity, spacious shower/bath area, a private water closet, and a large walk-in closet.
- Create a functional and soothing master bathroom space to support the customer's needs and wants.
- Bring "the outside, in" with views of the pristine landscape and wildlife.
- Expand the space to include a soaking tub.
- Incorporate aging-in-place amenities.
- Infuse Japanese design elements.
- How to create a more open and functional space within the existing home structure.
- Include large, functional walk-in closet.
- Comply with local architectural review board standards on the exterior design.
- Accommodate a person's short stature.
- Provide additional storage.
- Anticipate future mobility challenges.
- Tub capacity needs to be conducive with septic system.
- Incorporate larger windows.
Double medicine cabinet crafted from exotic Sapele wood with sliding doors integrated with window as Japanese design feature.
- No thresholds throughout the space for aging-in-place comfort and ease
- Substitute standard tub for larger Japanese style soaking tub
Combined tub and shower room reminiscent of a Japanese bath. Glass tile in shower area has the appearance of a Kakejiku, Japanese scroll painting.
- Interior window and door casing style
- Radiant heating in floor