There is a synergy of entertainment space and utility in this open floor plan kitchen design. In addition to creating storage and functional efficiency and aesthetics, the renovation corrected structural issues. Gorgeous, full-view windows and doors open up to a lush and private backyard and deck.
- Update the kitchen and fit the new design to the original interior while keeping the original rustic feel.
- Larger kitchen working space.
- Working island.
- Connect Kitchen to two other rooms.
- Improve lighting in kitchen.
- Create a dry bar centerpiece in room with ample storage.
- Designing within the limitations of post and beam log home construction.
- Walls are solid wood with no cavity to run the electrical wiring and plumbing line.
- Walls are not smooth and straight making it difficult to install cabinetry.
- No cavity in ceiling for recessed lights.
- Designing an efficient working kitchen.
OUR DESIGN SOLUTIONS:
Instead of taking away the entire existing pantry space and adding it to the kitchen, which was the client's thought, we suggested reducing the pantry by a couple of feet and adding that square footage to the kitchen area for the benefit of a handsome, storage infused center.