High Performance Remodeling
We want to learn who you are, what your lifestyle is and what it is about your home that doesn't feel quite right. We'll discuss your vision, investigate challenges, uncover possibilities and understand how fast you want changes to happen.
This information helps us determine if our process is the right fit for your objectives. If so, we'll schedule an in-home consultation and kick-off our six steps to success.
The first step
First We Talk
Our experienced consultant will talk with you to learn more about your vision and understand the challenges and issues you and your family are facing. In addition, we'd like to know about your needs, budget, and possible timelines.
What's the outcome?
Communication is critical to making any project go smoothly. We start our relationships on the right foot by ensuring you know exactly what you can expect from us.
It's okay for either of us to decide if our firm isn't the right fit for your project.
- If it is, we formally move into a design and project feasibility process, which includes schematic design, investigating home performance issues, and construction feasibly.
Design + Budget. What is feasible?
One of your chief concerns is how much your project will cost. To give you an accurate cost study (more commonly known as an estimate), it's essential to have well-thought-out plans.
We want to be respectful of your time and your budget. That's why we only move into Phase 3 once you know what you want. The more detailed your plans are, the more accurate your cost study.
We'll discuss what is possible for your space, get honest with you about costs, flag any structural concerns, turn ideas into visuals, and forecast realistic timelines.
What makes it happen?
- Our architectural designer and production team visit your home for an in-depth consultation.
- We examine municipal regulations and existing architecture and uncover hidden challenges.
- Construction strategies are formulated
- The scope of work is documented, and cost projections are created
- Our architectural plans and 3D digital imaging will help you to visualize your dream
Cost Analysis & Timeline
You may have heard this called an estimate, but we call it a cost study.
Our cost study is the culmination of your developing architectural plans, in-depth analysis of your current site conditions, and our design-build expertise of 35 years.
The resulting document is an informed outcome about how much your renovation may cost.
Our clients comment that the cost studies and architectural plans they receive from Master Remodelers are the most detailed they’ve ever seen. This makes you better positioned to make decisions about moving forward into construction.
How we get there
- A clear scope of work
- Advanced understanding of site conditions and challenges
- Determining your taste and preference in selecting appliances, materials, and finishes to create an accurate fixed price Cost Study (estimate)
At this stage, we've made a formal commitment to work together, the architectural drawings are getting more detailed, and we're setting timelines and scheduling workflow.
You will watch all this materialize from your private customer portal and have frequent conversations with your design team.
Your Designer and Lead Carpenter will begin ordering materials and lining up delivery dates so construction timelines can flow efficiently.
Along with our in-house management and construction crew, we have excellent working relationships with talented and trusted trade partners, including engineers, energy specialists, and interior decorators who are natural extensions of Master Remodelers.
Our in-house designer has helped countless clients with all their selections to make their spaces comfortable, healthy, and alive.
It's a truly memorable day when our talented, professional construction team arrives at your home and starts work in a safe, organized, and tidy manner.
After all the effort and trust you've devoted to making your dream happen, we'll deliver impeccable results.
What helps it go so smoothly?
- In a word: Consistency. The people you sat down with initially to discuss your project are still with you as you move to construction
- While we're working our way through Phases Two and Three with you, we benefit from more advanced lead time
- Our Design-Build process allows for more stable and predictable scheduling and organized project management
- Your Lead Carpenter will coordinate all work and personnel, interact daily with you, arrange for inspections, follow plans, and update the schedule daily
- You have control via our online customer portal, with every project detail, including daily progress photos, and product selections, available to you 24/7.
As we reach the end of construction, we will make any necessary tweaks and adjustments and help you settle into your new, perfected surroundings.
But our customer service doesn't stop there.
There can be minor issues as a house settles, and expansion and contraction occur throughout the first year after construction. We are ready to return promptly and stand behind our work with a two-year warranty on our construction and unparalleled customer satisfaction.
Our reputation for high-quality customer service has been our hallmark of success and growth. We aim to create lasting relationships.
We want to be your Design-Build partner over your lifetime!